This riverfront property would make a great weekend retreat offering plenty of recreation for any avid outdoorsman! From hunting to fishing, to boating, camping, and even water sports, this tract would provide it all!
Located in Pender County, near Atkinson, this is your opportunity to own your retreat on the banks of the Black River. The Black River was designated an Outstanding Resource Water In 1994 because it is one of the cleanest, high-quality waterways in North Carolina. A 40-foot-wide easement leads you from NC 53 to this peaceful, secluded property. Once you arrive, relaxation begins. You can camp or pull in a RV to spend some time to get away from the fast-paced life of Wilmington, which is only about 30 minutes away. There are options to make this a property to use all year. Experience hunting for white-tail deer in the fall, duck in the winter, turkey in the spring, and fishing every chance you get. The owner tells of her memories of picnicking, swimming, fishing and boating from this base camp. This is an ideal place to launch your john boat, canoe or kayak, and explore this natural and scenic river. The river flows 66 miles through portions of Sampson, Pender, and Bladen counties, before emptying into the Cape Fear River, 14 miles above Wilmington. Less than a mile from the Black River Cypress Forest Preserve, you can navigate through The Three Sisters swamp, which is home to the oldest trees east of the Rocky Mountains. You will relish drifting down the slow-moving tea-colored stream flanked by stately bald cypress draped with Spanish moss. Many of the trees are more than 500 years old. The oldest identified tree, scientifically labeled BLK69 and locally known as Methuselah, dates back to 364 AD.
For a bird’s eye view of this property, visit our “MapRight” mapping system. Copy and paste this link into your browser (https://mapright.com/ranching/maps/a87d8da1e07b038fa86b76bb7c7fc888/share). This is an interactive map, so you can easily change the base layers to view aerial, topographic, infrared or street maps of the area.
For more information on this and other Riverfront Timber and Hunting Land For Sale in Pender County NC, contact Bud Cook at (910) 640-8784, by email at firstname.lastname@example.org , or visit his website at www.moplandandtree.com.
- Price: 49,000
- Acreage: 7.0000
- Address: Off Highway 53, Atkinson, NC 28421
- Property State: North Carolina
- Property County: Pender
- Turkey Hunting:
- Waterfowl Hunting:
- Deer Hunting:
- Small Game Hunting:
- Freshwater Fishing Flag:
- River Front:
- MOPLS ID: 42830
- Status: Sold
- Mapright: https://mapright.com/ranching/maps/a87d8da1e07b038fa86b76bb7c7fc888/embed?minimal=1
- Property Modified Date: 2019-09-04T14:03:42.203-05:00
- Listing Agent: email@example.com
- Property PDF List: https://www.mossyoakproperties.com/documents/42830/Aerial.pdf^https://www.mossyoakproperties.com/documents/42830/Information Sheet.pdf^https://www.mossyoakproperties.com/documents/42830/Location Map.pdf^https://www.mossyoakproperties.com/documents/42830/Soils Map.pdf^https://www.mossyoakproperties.com/documents/42830/TOPO Map.pdf^https://www.mossyoakproperties.com/documents/42830/Water Features Map.pdf^https://www.mossyoakproperties.com/documents/42830/Wet lands map.pdf^
- Tract Name: 7 ac Burns Pender Co. BC